We all know the importance of having Aadhar card. To enjoy almost all subsides offered by the Government of India, you need to be the active Aadhar card holder. If you didn’t have your Aadhar card, now it’s the right time to apply.
How to Apply Aadhar Card In Your Nearby Bank?
There are many Aadhar card enrollment centers, so to avoid standing in long queues, the Government of India has announced a new scheme where you can get you Aadhar card from your nearby bank.
The UIDAI, i.e. The Unique Identification Authority of India has asked the private and public banking sectors to set up Aadhar card enrollment centers in at least one out of 10 branches.
In this article, we are going to discuss “How to Apply Aadhar in your Nearby Bank?”
Process to Apply Aadhar Card
The first step is to find an Aadhar card enrollment near you. Once you are at the center, here are the things you need to be aware of:
- You need to fill out the enrolment form and submit the filled form along with the supporting documents.
- Once the documents are submitted, the next thing you need to do is submitting biometric information, i.e. submitting impression of your finger and your iris.
- They will also take a photograph of you for their records and the photo will be printed on your Aadhar card.
- You will also need to provide your mobile number in the application form to get the update regarding your application status.
- Once all the details are submitted, the bank officials will provide you the acknowledgement slip of your application. This slip will have your 14 digit enrollment which will help you keep a check on the status of your application.
Next, Waiting Session Starts,
Yeah…Once the documents and biometric data have been submitted, you will have to wait for 90 days to get the hard copy for your Aadhar card in your hand. The card will be sent to you via postal mail. In between, if you are in a hurry, then you can also download the copy of your Aadhar card online, i.e. e-Aadhar.
To get the e-Aadhar, you need to follow the below steps:
- Visit UIDAI Website and go to the e-Aadhar section.
- You will be directed to the online form where you need to enter your enrollment number and the date and time as like the acknowledgement slip.
- Enter your name, address with pin code, and registered mobile number.
- Once the details are entered, the OTP (One Time Password) will be send to your registered mobile number. After this, you will be able to download the colorful version of Aadhar card which is considered as the valid proof.
Importance of Having Aadhar Card
Listed below are few of the most important benefits of having an Aadhar card.
LPG Subsidy: The unique identification number of 12 digits on the Aadhar card is the MUST to get the subsidy amount submitted directly in your bank account.
Passport in 10 Days: If you have an Aadhar card, you can get passport in just 10 days. Under this scheme, police verification will be done later. And also as per Government’s rule, having an Aadhar card is compulsory, if you need a passport immediately.
Digital Locker: The Government of India has launched a Digital Locker scheme for storing all personal documents. To sign up this process, DigiLocker requires you to link your Aadhar card number.
All Other Subsidies,
To enjoy all other subsidies and grants offered by the Government of India, you need to have a valid Aadhar Card proof. Also, it will reduce the burden of carrying all the documents such as address proof, DOB certification, and ID proof etc. as it has all the details in a simple card.
Hope that the Aadhar card will be given more weightage as more and more government schemes are being launched making it as a mandatory document to carry. So why wait? Visit your nearby bank to enroll your Aadhar card! 🙂