IRDAI (Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India) has made it compulsory to link the aadhar and PAN with your LIC policies.
Since linking aadhaar has become an important part to avail social services and government preceding, therefore, India’s biggest insurer, Life Insurance Corporation has also proposed that the individuals should link their aadhar and PAN with existing as well as new insurance policies.
It is a very smart step taken by the authorities towards the amalgamation of better financial services and digitalization of the country.
Since linking aadhaar number with the insurance policies is necessary under the Prevention of Money Laundering Second Amendment Rules, confirmed by the authorities.
So, now what you have to do is, contact your insurer and get your aadhaar and PAN linked with the LIC policy as soon as possible (Before 31st December).
Here is the step-by-step process, how you can do the linking online.
Before you start the procedure, make sure you have your Aadhaar and PAN card in your hand along with all the policies.
1. Visit the LIC’s website and click on “Link Aadhaar and PAN to LIC policy”. Click on proceed.
2. Now you need to fill all your details correctly and carefully. Ensure that your name should be the same as written on Aadhaar card, your registered mobile number or e-mail, Aadhaar number and LIC policy number are filled in their respective areas. Click on “Add Policy”.
If you have more than one policy, add all of them in one go.
3. Enter the captcha code and click on “Get OTP” option. You will receive a One Time Password your mobile number.
4. Enter the OTP and submit. After all the verification is done, you will get a confirmation message about the linking through SMS or e-mail after few days.
5. LIC has not provided any other method of linking the aadhaar as of now. You have to do it online. If in case, you fill any of the information wrong, LIC will reject your application and you have to wait for few more days.
The IRDAI has made it very clear that the aadhaar linkage rule is applied to life insurance companies (24) and general insurance companies (33) including standalone health insurers.
Don’t worry about the aadhaar linkage if you are buying a new policy. The authorities will make it necessary when you come to link your aadhaar to LIC policies. For a new applicant, it is necessary to provide your PAN details also.
Rest, LIC will complete itself, they will link your Aadhaar before issuing the new policy.