Since the country is heading towards digitalization, from purchasing a T-shirt to booking hotel in another part of the country everything can be done digitally. Booking tickets for train or flight have also become an online process.
IRCTC allows you to book six tickets in a month without aadhaar, but for more no of tickets, you need to link your IRCTC account with your aadhaar number.
Verification is not required if you book 6 tickets. This is an advantage in case you want to book 12 tickets, just link your IRCTC account with the aadhaar.
Given below are the steps you should know while linking your aadhaar number with IRCTC account:
1. Click on the official website of IRCTC e-ticketing.
2. Log in with your ID and password, there is ‘My Profile Tab’ option available at the top right portion of the website.
3. Go to your profile section and click on aadhaar KYC.
4. Once you enter the new page, enter your 12 digit aadhaar number and click on ‘Send OTP’.
5. You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number for the verification. After the verification is done, your IRCTC will also be Aadhaar-verified.
6. After the whole process is done, you will get a confirmation message “KYC details have been updated successfully”.
So with simple steps, you can easily link your Aadhaar number with the IRCTC account.
We have also covered other linking guides like how to connect your aadhaar with your mobile number and Aadhar to bank account guide.