We all know the importance of having an Aadhaar card handy. But what happens if you miss your card while you’re in travel or something…. Ugh….It’s clueless right! Reapplying for Aadhaar card is little but difficult. So in this article, am going to explain the easy way to carry your Aadhaar card everywhere without losing it.
Here’s How You Can Carry Your Aadhaar Card Everywhere
From reservation of railway tickets, filing tax returns to getting LPG subsidies, the importance of having Aadhaar card is cannot be denied.
The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has launched a digital tool named “mAadhaar” that allows Aadhar card holders to carry their Aadhaar numbers in their smartphones. To use this app, just you need to do is register your mobile number with your Aadhaar card and use your smartphone running on Android 5.0 and upper versions to download this app.
Once you link your Aadhaar card with the app, it synchronize all information available on your Aadhaar card such as your name, address, gender, date of birth, postal address, and photograph. With all these amazing features, now it’s easy to carry your Aadhaar card everywhere without the fear of losing it. The app also comes with a feature that allows you to lock and unlock the app using your biometric data.
Now you might think, anyone who accesses your mobile can steal your Aadhaar card information, but it’s not at all true. For safety and security reasons, the mAadhaar App is designed with two layer authentication. It also features a Time-Based One-Time Password process which can be used instead of SMS-based OTP.
Features of mAadhaar App
The invention of mAadhaar app is to eliminate a need of carrying of Aadhaar card in your pocket without the fear of losing it. Here we are going to discuss the features and benefits of installing mAadhaar app.
- mAadhaar card app comes with biometric locking and unlocking features. The information will be able to view only if the Aadhaar card holder chose to unlock it using their biometric features.
- In order to make the app more secure, OTP based on real time is used instead of SMS OTP security system.
- If there is any typo or error in the Aadhaar card provided, you can make the request and update the information via this app. But it will be updated after the approval of UIDAI.
- In order to use this app effectively, you need to have your mobile number linked to your Aadhaar card. If you didn’t registered your mobile number, just visit your nearby Aadhaar card enrollment center and get your mobile number registered.
Benefits of mAadhaar Card
- Instead of carrying the hard copy of your Aadhaar card handy, you can use this app as your Aadhaar card.
- It will also be act as the eKYC valid document by almost all service providers in the near future.
- As the Government of India has made having Aadhaar card is mandatory for receiving almost all subsides, having this mobile Aadhaar card will save your time and money to take multiple copies for many purposes.
How to install mAadhaar Card?
Visit Google Play Store to download this app. This app is compatible only for android users. Once you install this mobile app, you need to follow the below steps to download your Aadhaar profile.
- Once your download the mAadhaar app, it will ask you to create a password before creating your Aadhaar profile.
- Once you given the password, you need to enter your Aadhaar card number.
- Then you need to scan the QR code given on your Aadhaar card.
- Next, enter the OTP generated and click submitted.
- After successful verification, you will be able to see your Aadhaar profile.
Hope I have covered almost all the information you need to be aware of before using mAadhaar mobile application. So what are you waiting for? Just open your Google play store and install this awesome app.
Keep your Aadhaar Card Handy Before the Fear of Losing It! 🙂