We all aware of the fact that India stepping towards “Digital India”! A number of measures have been implemented to make our India step forward. And now we are going to discuss the importance of having your Aadhaar card handy. Wherever we go, we need to have a valid proof handy to ensure our nationality.
E Aadhaar Card Complete Details (2017)
Now Aadhaar card is considered as a valid proof for all needs as it acts as ID proof and address proof. But carrying your Aadhaar card wherever you go will increase the chance missing and experiencing wear & tear. That’s why we are here to talk about the importance of having e-Aadhaar card.
What is an E-Aadhaar?
E-Aadhaar card is an electronic version of Aadhaar card can be downloaded online by submitting individual’s enrolment ID number. This online version of Aadhaar card is as valid as the original card.
What Are the Information Available on Aadhaar Card?
An e-Aadhaar contains information such as –
- Aadhaar card number
- Photograph of the card holder.
- Date of the birth of the card holder.
- Name of the card holder
- Sex of the card holder
- Bio-metric information like fingerprint of the individual.
Why You Need to Have E-Aadhaar?
The benefits of having an e-Aadhaar card can’t be ignored as it offers much more benefits when compared with a piece of Aadhaar card. Listed here are few of the important benefits of e-Aadhaar card.
- Since the e-Aadhaar card can be easily accessed online, you need not have to worry about losing the card and as the card is virtual, it can’t be misplaced or torn.
- Unlike most other documents, Aadhaar card can be used both as a proof of identity as well as address and it’s considered as a universal identity card. By having an electronic version of Aadhaar card, it can be accessed at all times once downloaded.
So, Wish to Download E-Aadhaar Card?
Follow the steps given here to download the copy of E-Aadhaar card from its official website UIDAI.
- Visit the website https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/
- Enter your enrolment number or Aadhaar card number.
- Enter your full name, registered mobile number and enter the security code given.
- Now, click on send “OTP”, you will receive the OTP on your mobile phone.
- Enter the received OTP on the required field and click verify “OTP”.
- Now you’ve downloaded your e-Aadhaar card.
- It will ask you to enter your password to open your downloaded E-Aadhaar card. Thinking what the password is? Don’t over think; just enter your area pin code – it’s your default password!
- You have your e-Aadhaar card, which you can print it out or else save into on your local drive for future references.
How To Update and Correct Typos in Aadhaar Card?
In case, if you see any typos in your Aadhaar card while downloading, you can update it online. And also you can change your photo, but for this, you need to visit the enrollment center.
To update incorrect data or typos in your name, address or anything else, visit the link https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update and enter your Aadhaar card number and the OTP sent to your registered mobile number. After submitting the details, it will allow you to edit the data. After making the changes, you need to wait for few days and then download the E-Aadhaar for your purpose.
- Used as a valid proof while opening bank account, post office savings account and making online transactions.
- Used as both ID proof and address proof while applying for passport.
- Detects fraudulent activities and duplicate entries in Government Subsidy database.
- Used a proof for getting a new mobile postpaid/prepaid connection and LPG Connection.
Now, there is no more need to worry about your lost or stolen Aadhaar card! Yeah…You can download your Aadhaar card online by visiting the Government Portal. Downloaded E – Aadhaar card will be valid as the same like original and can give the copy of it as the identity proof. 🙂