Airtel, Aircel, Vodafone, BSNL, Idea, Reliance or whatever service provider you have been using, it’s mandatory to get your Aadhar KYC done with your mobile service provider. Resent study revealed by MicroSave stats that banking and telecom sectors in India could save around Rs. 10,000 crores over the next 5 years through Aadhaar e-KYC process.
- Aadhaar eKYC Verification for All Phone Users
Aadhaar eKYC Verification for All Phone Users
Thinking why the Government of India has made this process a mandatory one? The Government of India has made Aadhaar number not only important for establishing your identity to avail subsidies but also in financial sectors like opening bank accounts and filing income tax returns. Now, mobile phone service users will now have to authenticate using Aadhaar numbers.
What is the Aadhar Based eKYC?
Whether you’re looking to buy a new SIM card or wish to keep your old number, it’s important to verify it using your Aadhar card number. eKYC is nothing but the online version of Know Your Customers Form.
Importance of eKYC
eKYC solution is a safe, secure and green mobile verification scheme, where a customer’s AADHAR card and fingerprints are required for authenticating and activating new prepaid and postpaid mobile services.
What needs to be Done Under this Aadhar Based eKYC Process?
In this process, your name, location and other details will be verified through the Aadhaar verification process online. To complete the eKYC process, you have to provide your Aadhar card number, and biometric information such as IRIS scan and fingerprints.
Before updating the existing details with the data received through the eKYC process, the service provider will seek for confirmation from your end about the re-verification of your mobile number after 24 hours through SMS.
When Do You Need To Get The eKYC Done With Your Network Provider?
The Government of India has recently announced the importance of linking your Aadhar card number with your mobile number. But it is not urgent as of now, but once you start receiving SMS alerts, you should complete the process immediately. It seems that February 2018 is the last due to link Aadhar card and mobile number. If you didn’t do it till the date, your services will be restricted.
Steps to Get Your Aadhar KYC Done with Your Mobile Service Provider
- You need to bring the original Aadhar card to the retailer shop (Airtel, Vodafone, Idea or Reliance).
- You need to provide your biometric information such as fingerprints and IRIS Scan.
- The eKYC data available in your Aadhar card will be downloaded.
- As per the regulatory compliance, the details need to be authenticated and after this, the retailer will receive a copy of eCAF from the UIDAI server as the form of acknowledgement.
- You need to check out all the details and then authenticate the same using your fingerprints.
- The activation would be done once the retailer sends the eKYC document to the company server for updating the details.
Why You Need to Submit the Aadhar Based eKYC Form?
Let’s take an in-depth look at the advantages of linking your Aadhar card with mobile number:
- Lesser amount of documents to be handled.
- Security of the documents is maintained.
- Reduce paper usage thus saving environment.
- Activation of services and updating the details seems hassle free as it can be done online.
- All data can be easily accessible at one place electronically.
- Helps the company and all the other parties to adhere with compliances and the current regulations.
The above-written are few of the important things you need to be aware of about eKYC mobile verification process. If you didn’t link your Aadhar card number with your mobile number, you need to visit your nearby retailer store now! Don’t forget to carry your original Aadhar card copy and photograph with you! 🙂