We all believe the fact, “Mistakes happen!” and if it happens it our responsibility to correct it, right? As like the same, when errors or typos occur in your Aadhaar card, it would be easier for you to correct it. Thinking how can it be possible? Here’s a guide on how to fill Aadhar card correction form.
How To Fill Aadhar Card Correction Form Online
To update your information, all you need to do is visit the official website UIDAI and download the Aadhaar Card correction form. Once you made the update, you can submit the form by post to the address mentioned on the form or else you can also submit your form online.
What Are the Details that can be changed in the Aadhaar Card Online?
- Date of Birth
- Mobile Number
- Spelling Mistake in Your Name.
What Are the Sections That Are Required to be filled?
To update the information on your Aadhaar card, you need to fill the following sections:
In this section, you need to choose the field which you would like to update or correct. The fields are as follows:
- Email ID and registered mobile number.
- The Next is Aadhaar Card Number.
- Here, enter your 12 digit Aadhaar card number.
Third section to be filled out both in English as well as your local language and the fields are:
- Resident/Applicant’s Name.
- Gender – Choose from the options available – Male, Female or Transgender.
- Address Details – Choose from C/O, D/O, S/O, W/O, HO.
- Enter the Name of Guardian / Parent / Spouse.
- The Name of the House or Building Apartment.
- The Name of the Street / Road / Lane.
- Name of the Landmark.
- Name of the Area / Locality / Sector.
- Name of the Village / Town / City.
- District Name
- Post Office
- Pin Code
- Registered Mobile Number.
- Registered Email Address.
The Fourth Section is, “Document Details Section”
Here you need to mention the name of the documents you are attaching as proof. In this section, you can see four spaces that are needed to fill in namely.
- POI (For name correction)
- Pol (For name change)
- DOB (For change in date of birth)
- POA (For change in address)
- The final section,
- Once the above said steps are completed successfully, you need to sign the form stating that the above furnished details are true to your knowledge.
And then send the fully furnished Aadhaar Card Correction Form, you need to send it to any of the following addresses.
|UIDAI Post Box No. 10, Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh – 480001, India
UIDAI Post Box No. 99, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad – 500034, India
Okay, now you have sent your Aadhaar Card Correction Form, then how will you check the status of your correction form? Didn’t have any idea? No worries let me explain below:
Steps to Check Aadhaar Card Update Status:
- Visit UIDAI Website.
- Enter your Aadhaar Card Number and then enter the URN number (given to you when you applied for the correction online).
- Click on “Get Status”.
- The status of your application form for correction will be displayed on the screen.
The statuses can be differentiated into three:
- Under Review
If the status of your Aadhaar card update form is “Rejected”, the following reasons could be possible,
- Insufficient Documents Provided.
- Given Incorrect Details While Registering.
- Human Error When Filling the Request Form.
In such cases, you need to fill a fresh request with valid proofs collected from Aadhaar center.
Do’s and Don’ts While Filling Aadhaar Correction Form
- The entire form must be filled in capital letters to avoid misunderstanding of spellings.
- Submitting your mobile number is mandatory.
- Make sure that the details furnished are up-to-date and valid.
- Only the documents that support the correction are to be submitted.
These are few of the important guidelines you need to follow while applying for Aadhaar Card Correction!
Hope this guide helps you a lot! Share your comments below and also don’t forget to share this info with your friends! 🙂